Hospital Bag Checklist
- by Millie Moon Baby
As a new mum or dad, packing and preparing a hospital bag can feel like quite a daunting task. To help set you at ease it is worth for your baby’s arrival we would recommend having a hospital bag packed and ready to go. Knowing what to include in your bag can be stressful, but having the right items on hand can make a huge difference for your birth experience. Here is a list of must-have items you need in your baby hospital bag.
- Birth plan: Sharing your birth plan with your healthcare team is a great way to ensure that all your wishes are known and respected. Be sure to bring a copy of your birth plan with you to the hospital.
- Nursing supplies: It is important to have some essential nursing supplies in your bag when you arrive at the hospital. This includes nursing pads, a nursing pillow, a lactation consultant’s number, a water bottle, and a nursing cover to ensure breastfeeding privacy.
- Clothing: For yourself and your baby, you should bring a few sets of clothing, including a warm hat for the baby. You may also want to bring a going-home outfit for your baby and some comfortable clothes for yourself.
- Hygiene supplies: Make sure to include a few basic hygiene supplies such as toothbrush, toothpaste, and shampoo. You may also want to bring a few disposable wipes, hand sanitizer, and lip balm.
- Comfort items: An item such as a body pillow, a favorite book, or a small snack can help make your stay in the hospital more comfortable. Don’t forget to include your phone charger and your tens machine if your planning to use one!
Packing for your hospital bag can feel overwhelming, but by planning ahead, you can be sure you have everything you need for your baby’s arrival. With this checklist, you can ensure you are ready for the big day!